Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ireland Excursion Day 2 - Galway


Happy Valentine's Day! After sleeping in a bit we hopped on our bikes in the pouring rain. Rode to a little castle near Jill's flat which was really cool. Lots of people with their dogs and not on leashes...love it! The Irish accent is amazing by the way. Went back to the Shop Street area and they had a little weekend market. We got savoury crepes for lunch SO GOOD. Then went to a doughnut stand and I don't even like doughnuts!! They made them right there and it was like warm raw dough. Literally melted in your mouth. I got mine with cocoa powder and cinnamon. On the way back to Jill's I had amazing hot chocolate at a place called Butler's Chocolate Cafe. It was called cookie hot chocolate and I watched them literally crush up Oreos and put them into the hot chocolate. You can never have enough chocolate, and come on it's Valentine's Day!

Went back to Jill's place and relaxed before getting ready for our Vday dinner out with 11 girls at a place called The Front Door. The waiter brought us each a long-stemmed rose as well as champagne with a strawberry in it. Nice touch.

After dinner we went to a traditional pub with live music called Tig Coili. The music was so cool...people just sitting around playing accordians, harps, etc. Lots of old drunk Irish people. One guy tried to steal my rose and I was not having it.

No comments:

Post a Comment