Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lewes/Brighton Weekend - Part 2


AHHHH!! Can't believe it's already February. Forgot to say "Rabbit, Rabbit" first thing this morning so hopefully it's still a good month. Woke up around 9am because breakfast was being served in the hostel until 10. Had some Rice Krispies, toast with jam, and hot chocolate. YUM...can't go without my breakfast.

Had a tour of Brighton with our tour guide Glenda from yesterday who is actually a Brighton native. It was so cold, but I enjoyed walking along the beach. Went into a fisherman's museum which a lot of people were complaining about, but I really liked it because it reminded me of Narragansett.

Seemed like a kind of pointless tour compared to the one in Lewes, but it was still nice to walk around the pretty town. Would've been better if it wasn't so cold, but I was prepared! Said goodbye to Glenda as we met Don and Pauline at a restaurant for Lunch called Old Orleans. It was cold, but good. Had a falafel burger with guacamole and salsa on top...I've been having Mexican withdrawals!

After that we had some free time before heading back to London. Some of us girls grabbed a coffee (hot chocolate for me, please!) at Cafe Nerro (big chain in England...very good). Walked down to Brighton Pier to check it out. So surprised that everything was open during this time of year. They lower the costs of the rides from 8 pounds to 2 during the winter which works for me! Walked through an arcade/casino indoor area and then outside they had rollercoasters, bumper cars, mechanical bull-riding, and all kinds of other rides.

The craziest ride was called the Booster and I'd been eyeing it since I saw it lit up over the water the night we arrived. Caitlin, Alycia, and I went on it and it was so incredible. A little nervous as to how safe it was (especially after forgetting to say rabbit, rabbit this morning), but I survived! It's straight up with 4 seats at the bottom of the pin and 4 at the top. 2 back-to-back. Hard to explain, but check out the picture. There were only three of us so they made me sit by myself because it was my crazy idea to go on it in the first place!! You're strapped in like a rollercoaster with feet dangling so I had to take off my Birk's or they would've ended up in the water! So crazy...not only does the whole thing rotate, but so does your seat. I was screaming at the top of my lungs. At first I had my eyes closed when we'd flip over, but then I was just loving it and I looked to see the ocean as the sky. So cool. Crazy adrenaline rush...SO glad I did it.

Had to run back to the hostel because we almost missed the bus back to London!! Passed out on the bus ride knowing we'd have a late night due to the Superbowl...

No comments:

Post a Comment