As I expected, the past five months have been nothing less than a life-changing experience. I feel like I have a totally new outlook on the world and I am so grateful for all I have been able to do and see during my time abroad. I'm not sure when the weight of all I've done will hit me, but I know that I cannot fully wrap my head around it yet.
Studying overseas is one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life and although it is an expensive adventure, the understanding of other cultures as well as a new knowledge about myself and our own culture has been priceless. I did everything I wanted to do in case I never get the chance to do it again and I have no regrets.
Although I have seen many countries now, I look forward to the comfort of family, friends, home and Rhode Island. A chapter of my life has ended and I believe that I am a better person because of it. Next time this year I'll have graduated from college and my next adventure as an adult out in the real world will begin...scary, but always exciting.


No comments:
Post a Comment