Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day (and Mom's Birthday!)

Today's Mom's birthday! Yayy...glad we got to celebrate hers and Dad's when they were in town. Also a huge day because it's Inauguration Day. I didn't have class today because no classes for me on Tuesdays!

Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum had a free day for US Citizens because they were releasing a wax figure of Obama. We jump at anything that's free (I can't believe its 25 pounds usually!). It was pretty creepy because the wax figures were so lifelike, but still cool. There was a huge line for Obama and BBC was there reporting on it, too. I'm pretty sure I saw a few people taking pictures of their friends choking Bush. I hear they're working on a First Lady Michelle Obama wax figure to be released in March. I was happy about getting my picture with my boyfriend (Johnny Depp, in case you're forgetting) and then proceeded to dance on stage with Beyonce!

Our campus bar had a special showing of the Inauguration that night which was pretty cool. Glad we could still be part of such a historic day. They had food and drink specials...the place was absolutely packed. Nice to see that it wasn't just American kids in attendance. It's obvious that we've gained a lot more respect from other countries with Barack in power now. A lot of people were crying...intense!

1 comment:

  1. You are all about documenting your dance moves! Love it! xo, Lauren

    ReplyDelete