nu=3252)8(4)645)WSNRCG=323+44%3B8355+%3Bnu0mrj.jpg)
Even though I'd only been away for two weeks it felt like I hadn't seen them in two months! On Saturday after having breakfast at the hotel (which was nothing like Mom's breakfasts at home!), we went to visit Dad's cousin's daughter Laura Vasaturo who lives in London with her family. I don't remember her, but I guess she used to babysit me. Hung out with them for a bit and met their two adorable daughters. Nice to have some kind of connection here if I ever needed one.
Laura recommended a market for us to go to called Borough market. It's London's oldest food market and Saturday is the day to go. We were so overwhelmed by all of the great foods, but we were on a mission to find the most delicious cheese sandwiches. That mission was accomplished but then of course we had to have some chocolate!! Ultra chocolate brownies it is! Can't say that we walked it all off...Dad was in so much pain we used the black cab as our primary mode of transportation.
nu=3252)8(4)645)WSNRCG=323+44%3B846968nu0mrj.jpg)
nu=3252)8(4)645)WSNRCG=323+44%3B8394+7nu0mrj.jpg)
Met Dad's colleagues at the matinee showing of La Cage Aux Folles (The Birdcage). Absolutely hilarious!!! Picture tall men wearing extremely high heels, corsets, the works, dancing better in heels than I've seen most women! Loved it. The next day we let Dad rest while I took Mom to some Sunday markets. We went to Petticoat Lane where I got some cheap dresses (bargain shopping finally) and then to Columbia Road Flower Market. I think Mom was a little surprised I could navigate our way around so easily (so was I!) haha. Met Dad for lunch at a cute place in Covent Garden and then poked through some shops.


Our last night together in honor of Mom & Dad's January birthdays (and just being together!) we had an incredible dinner together at a steakhouse called Goodman's. We were pretty much the only ones in the place. Had these great heavy bulls on the table that said "Reserved"....asked to keep ours on the table, but he had to be moved in order to fit all of our food! Ordered a lot of things to share (and dessert of course). Said goodbye to Mom & Dad the next morning and went back to campus in time for class. A short weekend, but packed in a lot of things and had a great time with them.
nu=3252)8(4)645)WSNRCG=323+44%3B84456%3Bnu0mrj.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment