TRUMPS
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Not My Kind of Breakfast
Lazy Sunday. Slept in of course, seeing that's what I do best! Waited for the rest of the girls to wake up and went out to breakfast at a local student bar that we frequent called The Hayfield. We'd never been for food and never will again. I wanted waffles, french toast, or pancakes, but all they had were traditional English breakfasts. That's fine; I'm not a picky eater anymore. The problem was the service, though. We waited over an hour for the first of five plates to come out. By the time the first girl was done, then the next plate would come out. It was terrible!! So after waiting until what seemed like forever for food, I had an unsatisfying (and lukewarm) meal consisting of baked beans, a mushroom, a tomato, two eggs, hashbrowns, and toast. The toast came out after I was finished with the rest of my meal and then when I asked for jelly they said they didn't serve it. What do you mean?! Needless to say, I was not pleased. Lesson learned. Below is a picture of the full traditional English breakfast with meat. Don't be fooled: I got the picture offline, our meals did not look this appealing (if you even think it looks appealing). Not gonna lie, though, baked beans are on my grocery list now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nu=3252)8(4)645)WSNRCG=323+44%3B837%2826nu0mrj.jpg)
hahaha hysterical use of mom's pic. that looks NASTY, ew i can't believe they call that a breakfast...should i reconsider my trip?! jk. love you! xo, Lauren
ReplyDeletewhen you come it will be one of our missions to find a decent breakfast around here! we can do it :) and there is no option of reconsidering your trip...you're locked in and that's that!! xo, K
ReplyDelete