Friday, May 22, 2009

Bonjour Paris!

Made it to King's Cross for the first time. Hard to believe you can get to Paris in just over two hours - more expensive than a flight, but definitely worth it because much less of a hassle. A French woman sat next to me with her cute baby boy. I ended up holding him and playing with him most of the way to help her out. I didn't mind seeing that he was SO adorable - made me miss babysitting.

Arrived in the city around 4pm (as they're an hour ahead of London) so I bought a three-day (trois jour) pass for the metro and headed to the hotel. Such a perfect day; perfect for exploring. The French people on the metro smell MUCH worse than the English people on the tube...


Got a little lost trying to find the hotel (I think my sense of direction is permanently backwards), but it was okay because it was so nice out. Finally found it after a 10-minute walk from a metro station and checked in. Planned out what I wanted to see with all my maps and how to get there by public transportation. Nice that it stays light out for so long.















Took the metro to Notre Dame - gorgeous, feels like so long ago that I was there with Mom and Lauren. Walked around and found a croque monsieur at a stand nearby. YUM.

Made my way towards the Louvre. Beautiful gardens and architecture surrounding the museum - love all the statues. Walked in the direction of Arc de Triomphe. So pretty with the sun setting.







1 comment:

  1. gimme that sammie!! love it, don't think i've ever seen these pics!! and like the layout of the post! keep 'em coming! :) xo.

    ReplyDelete