Friday, May 8, 2009

Working girl.

Took FOREVER to finish counting the gems that Angela Hamme had given me. Some of the diamonds were so small it was like counting grains of sand. I hope that my count isn't trusted heavily because there's not a chance I was 100% accurate.

Went out to lunch with Trudy and her sister Amanda who works in Hatton Garden as well. The look a lot alike, very funny, both smokers and have traveled to Greece A LOT (I think they're in their early 40s). We had pie and mash and it was delish (not sure what the meat was, but didn't matter). So it's a little personal pie served with two icecream scoops of mashed potatoes all covered in a greenish gravy. It was this tiny place and it looked like it was run by an older couple - they knew right away that I was American. I guess people usually have sandwiches during the week and then have pie and mash as a treat on Fridays. Trudy showed me how to eat the pie and mash with a spoon and fork, also very impressive.

1 comment:

  1. i'm officially renaming my shepherd's pie recipe to "pie&mash" LOVE IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete