Last day I'll be woken up by the cleaning lady which is nice, but crazy that it's coming to an end. Had some breakfast and then met up with Jamie and Alycia to see Romeo and Juliet performed at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. Didn't think I'd have time to go there before I left, let alone see Romeo and Juliet!
Got off the tube at St. Paul's and walked over the pedestrian bridge on the Thames to the Globe. I couldn't believe we were able to buy £5 tickets to stand right at the foot of the stage just like poor people did in Shakespeare's time. Pretty awesome. It stayed cloudy and luckily didn't rain seeing that it's an open theater.
It was tough standing for 3+ hours, but totally worth it. We were right there - at some points the actors were walking around us. Such a cool experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment